Jeff Roberts, MD
BEDSIDE MANNER: casual, unassuming, relatable
- undergraduate degree from Mary Washington University • medical degree from VCU’s Medical College of Virginia
- completed family medicine residency and sports medicine fellowship at Duke University
- team physician at Duke University and North Carolina Central University, 2007 – 2011
- team physician at Powhatan High School, 2011 – Present
- team physician at Virginia Commonwealth University, 2012 – Present • team physician during Washington Redskins Training Camp 2013
- medical director for Monument Avenue 10K 2013
- board-certified by the American Academy of Family Physicians and the American Medical Society for Sports Medicine
Hobbies: Hiking, fishing and canoeing. Enjoys most sports. Grew up playing football, baseball, basketball and swimming. Has participated in several adventure races and triathlons (including one Ironman).
Pursuits: As program director for the sports medicine fellowship program, Jeff is passionate about teaching medical students and participates in local, regional and national sports medicine conferences as a faculty member, lecturing on various injuries, medical problems and concussions.